February 3rd, 2020
• Calnen Photography will be at Island View February 6th for Graduation Photos and Retakes. All potential graduates should make an appointment regardless if they’re not purchasing graduation photos so portraits can be placed in the Graduating Class Composite and Yearbook.
• Attention all Grade 9, 10 and 11 math students. Anyone interested in participating in the Pascal Cayley or Fermat math competition later in February is asked to come to a short meeting at 10:45 am in Mme Aucoin's room to learn about this fun opportunity.
• All students with permission forms for the Child Soldier Initiative event need to bring their forms and money to Mr. Pierce.
• Badminton Club Thursdays after school. Anyone interested in playing can show up to the gym after the bell. Proper gym footwear please.
• There will be a cheer practice tonight from 7-9 p.m. Please come prepared.
• Yearbook meeting Mondays at lunch in 321.
• The Yearbook committee is looking for all artists at Island View to create the cover for the 2019-2020 Island View yearbook. Send covers to Ms. Griffin in room 321.
• Freezie Friday! Every Friday at lunch purchase a freezie for only $1 in support of students going on the Europe Trip.
• If you are in your graduating year, the yearbook needs your grad quotes. Fill in the google form posted on the potential Grad google classroom.
• Mathletes will be meeting in Mr. Hammer’s room on Wednesday's at lunch. Bring your lunch and your friends and try solving some fun math problems together. All are welcome!
• Want to play some badminton? Table Tennis? Pickleball? Come play during lunchtime Monday-Thursday 10:50am-11:20am. No skill needed, just have the attitude to play and have fun!
• Dinner Theatre Writing Team Thursdays at lunch in Room 214.
• Creative Club meets Wednesdays at lunch in room 223. Bring your creativity!
• Programming club, room 309 at 2:10 Thursdays.
• Guitar club Tuesdays in the music room at lunch.
• Open Art Studio Mondays and Thursdays at lunch are in 117. All are welcome.
GUIDANCE AND GRADE 12 INFORMATION
• Grade 12 students are reminded to check the upcoming scholarship list posted outside of guidance.
• A reminder to all students they must vacate the building at 2:30 pm unless there is a scheduled school event with a teacher present and/or if a student wishes to consult with a teacher regarding program.
• Students bringing cars to school are asked to drop by the main office and provide us with your name, car make and model and license plate.
• Students are not to park in the gravel HRM lot next door. You are asked to park in the school’s lot next to Seaside Elementary.
• A reminder that eating food in the gym is not permitted. Please eat your food out of the gym before entering.
• The winter weather is here which means messier feet. Please make sure your footwear is clean and dry before entering the gym. Clean footwear only.
• A reminder that we are a scent-aware building so please be respectful with regard to the use of scents.