February 5th, 2020
• Calnen Photography will be at the school tomorrow for graduation photos and retakes. All potential graduates should make an appointment, regardless of whether they are purchasing graduation photos, so photos can be placed in the Graduating Class Composite and Yearbook.
• All students with permission forms for the Child Soldier Initiative event need to bring their forms and money to Mr. Pierce.
• Badminton Club starts up tomorrow after school. Anyone interested in playing can show up to the gym after the bell. Proper gym footwear please.
• Girls’ rugby meeting at lunch today in room 111 at the lunch bell.
• Yearbook meeting Mondays at lunch in 321.
• The Yearbook committee is looking for all artists at Island View to create the cover for the 2019-2020 Island View yearbook. Send covers to Ms. Griffin in room 321.
• Freezie Friday! Every Friday at lunch purchase a freezie for only $1 in support of students going on the Europe Trip.
• If you are in your graduating year, the yearbook needs your grad quotes. Fill in the google form posted on the potential Grad google classroom.
• Mathletes meeting in Mr. Hammer’s room on Wednesday's at lunch. Bring your lunch and your friends and try solving some fun math problems together. All are welcome!
• Want to play some badminton? Table Tennis? Pickleball? Come play during lunchtime Monday-Thursday 10:50am-11:20am. No skill needed, just have the attitude to play and have fun!
• Dinner Theatre Writing Team Thursdays at lunch in Room 214.
• Creative Club meets Wednesdays at lunch in room 223. Bring your creativity!
• Programming club, room 309 at 2:10 Thursdays.
• Guitar club Tuesdays in the music room at lunch.
• Any 1st semester art students of Ms. Perry, yet to pick up their portfolios, should do so by Monday next week as they will need to be recycled beyond that point.
• Art Club starts up on February 26, Wednesdays after school.
• Open Studio days and start up times will be announced shortly.
GUIDANCE AND GRADE 12 INFORMATION
• Grade 12 students are reminded to check the upcoming scholarship list posted outside of guidance.
• A reminder to all students they must vacate the building at 2:30 pm unless there is a scheduled school event with a teacher present and/or if a student wishes to consult with a teacher regarding program.
• Students bringing cars to school are asked to drop by the main office and provide us with your name, car make and model and license plate.
• Students are not to park in the gravel HRM lot next door. You are asked to park in the school’s lot next to Seaside Elementary.
• A reminder that eating food in the gym is not permitted. Please eat your food out of the gym before entering.