February 11th, 2020
• General council meeting today at lunch on the stage
• WE Act stand up meeting at the bell (2:10 p.m.) in room 325.
• Badminton Club Tuesdays and Thursdays after school. Anyone interested in playing come to the gym after the bell. Proper gym footwear please.
• Yearbook meeting Mondays at lunch in 321.
• Freezie Friday! Every Friday at lunch purchase a freezie for only $1 in support of students going on the Europe Trip.
• Grade 12's need to fill out the new google form on the potential grad classroom on Superlatives for yearbook.
• Mathletes meeting in Mr. Hammer’s room on Wednesday's at lunch. Bring your lunch and your friends and try solving some fun math problems together. All are welcome!
• Want to play badminton? Table Tennis? Pickleball? Come play during lunchtime Monday-Thursday 10:50am-11:20am.
• Dinner Theatre Writing Team Thursdays at lunch in Room 214.
• Creative Club meets Wednesdays at lunch in room 223.
• Programming Club, room 309 at 2:10 Thursdays.
• Guitar club Tuesdays in the music room at lunch.
• Do you have an interest in the arts? Have you thought about attending art school, and would like to know how to proceed? Do you find the idea of a portfolio overwhelming, and aren’t sure where to start? If this sounds like you, or someone you know, we welcome you to join us THIS Saturday, February 15, 2020 for NSCAD’s annual winter Portfolio Day. See Ms. Perry room 117, for more information.
• Art Club starts up on February 26, Wednesdays after school.
• Open Art Studio days and start up times will be announced shortly.
GUIDANCE AND GRADE 12 INFORMATION
• Grade 12 students are reminded to check the upcoming scholarship list posted outside of guidance.
• A reminder to all students they must vacate the building at 2:30 pm unless there is a scheduled school event with a teacher present and/or if a student wishes to consult with a teacher regarding program.
• Students bringing cars to school are asked to drop by the main office and provide us with your name, car make and model and license plate.
• Students are not to park in the gravel HRM lot next door. You are asked to park in the school’s lot next to Seaside Elementary.
• A reminder that eating food in the gym is not permitted. Please eat your food out of the gym before entering.
• The winter weather is here which means messier feet. Please make sure your footwear is clean and dry before entering the gym. Clean footwear only.
• A reminder that we are a scent-aware building so please be respectful with regard to the use of scents.