February 24th, 2020
• Hello Island View performers! We are building the first Island View High Dinner Theatre Production and we want you to be a part of it! The cafeteria will be transformed into a Disney Cruise ship where characters will perform musical numbers so we need your acting, singing and dancing talents. Please sign up outside of the Drama room for an audition time for this Friday or next Monday after school. Here is what you do:
We need you to present a short monologue moment from any Disney movie in character.
If you can sing, please prepare any part of a song that best showcases your voice.
If you can dance please show us that in a short sequence of your choosing.
If you have any questions please see Mr. Flinn, Mr. Pierce or Ms. Adams.
• Badminton Club Tuesdays and Thursdays after school. Anyone interested in playing come to the gym after the bell. Proper gym footwear please.
• Yearbook meeting Mondays at lunch in 321.
• Grade 12s need to fill out the new Google form on the potential grad classroom on Superlatives for yearbook.
• Mathletes meeting in Mr. Hammer’s room on Wednesdays at lunch. Bring your lunch and your friends and try solving some fun math problems together. All are welcome!
• Want to play badminton? Table Tennis? Pickleball? Come play during lunchtime Monday-Thursday 10:50am-11:20am.
• Programming Club, Room 309 at 2:10 Thursdays.
• Open Studio, a creative self-directed space, is open on Mondays and Thursdays at lunch time in room 117. Bring your lunch; bring a friend. All are welcome.
• Art Club will be starting up again for second semester. We will meet Wednesdays afterschool from 2:20-4:20 in room 117. These sessions will have a theme but anyone is welcome to join us at any time.
GUIDANCE AND GRADE 12 INFORMATION
• Grade 12 students are reminded to check the upcoming scholarship list posted outside of guidance.
• A reminder to all students they must vacate the building at 2:30 pm unless there is a scheduled school event with a teacher present and/or if a student wishes to consult with a teacher regarding program.
• Students bringing cars to school are asked to drop by the main office and provide us with your name, car make and model and license plate.
• Students are not to park in the gravel HRM lot next door. You are asked to park in the school’s lot next to Seaside Elementary.
• A reminder that eating food in the gym is not permitted. Please eat your food out of the gym before entering.
• The winter weather is here which means messier feet. Please make sure your footwear is clean and dry before entering the gym. Clean footwear only.
• A reminder that we are a scent-aware building so please be respectful with regard to the use of scents.