March 11th, 2020
• Please be advised the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development Attendance Policy indicates a high school student must be present for a minimum of 80% of classes in a course or risk losing credit eligibility. This means a student can miss no more than 17 classes in any one course. For more information on the policy, please see the IVHS website.
• ART CLUB is cancelled this week and will resume March 25th, as our guest artist, animator Justin Lee, had to reschedule. Justin will be with us on the 25th, 1st and 8th during Wednesday afterschool art club times (2:20-4:20 p.m.). See Ms. Perry with questions.
• Anyone interested in attending the NSSSA provincial conference in May, please meet Thursday, March 12, in room 223 at the beginning of lunch for a brief meeting. If you are interested and can’t attend, please speak to Ms. Buott.
• Next cheer practice is March 23.
• There is a rehearsal today for the Dinner Theatre at 2:15-4:00 on the stage. Bring comfy clothes and your karaoke song.
• The Learning Center is selling popcorn at lunch outside of room 215. Don't miss out on delicious tasting theater-style popcorn!
• Badminton Club Tuesdays and Thursdays after school. Anyone interested in playing come to the gym after the bell. Proper gym footwear please.
• Yearbook meeting Mondays at lunch in 321.
• Yearbook Committee is pre-selling yearbooks at lunch Thursdays and Fridays, main floor. Price is $45.
• Mathletes meeting in Mr. Hammer’s room on Wednesdays at lunch. Bring your lunch and your friends and try solving some fun math problems together. All are welcome!
• Intramurals are volleyball, table tennis, and basketball.
• Programming Club, Room 309 at 2:10 Thursdays.
• Open Art Studio, a creative self-directed space, is open on Mondays and Thursdays at lunch time in room 117. Bring your lunch; bring a friend. All are welcome.
• Art Club Wednesdays after school from 2:20-4:20 in room 117. These sessions will have a theme but anyone is welcome to join us at any time.
GUIDANCE AND GRADE 12 INFORMATION
• Grade 12 students are reminded to check the upcoming scholarship list posted outside of guidance.
• A representative from the University of New Brunswick will be at the school tomorrow during. Students interested in learning more about their programs and scholarship opportunities can stop by outside the guidance office.
• Any African Nova Scotian student who would like to participate in the African Nova Scotian Support Meeting or learn more about this group is asked to speak with Mr. O’Reilly in guidance.
• A reminder to all students they must vacate the building at 2:30 pm unless there is a scheduled school event with a teacher present and/or if a student wishes to consult with a teacher regarding program.
• Students bringing cars to school are asked to drop by the main office and provide us with your name, car make and model and license plate.
• Students are not to park in the gravel HRM lot next door. You are asked to park in the school’s lot next to Seaside Elementary.
• A reminder that eating food in the gym is not permitted. Please eat your food out of the gym before entering.
• The winter weather is here which means messier feet. Please make sure your footwear is clean and dry before entering the gym. Clean footwear only.
• A reminder that we are a scent-aware building so please be respectful with regard to the use of scents.