2020 Course Change Procedures
Course Change Procedure
Course changes will be requested using Google Forms. This form will be available at the end of the day Tuesday to request a change for period 3 and 4 classes only. Students will have to attend period 1 and 2 on Wednesday before they can request a change from those classes. Course changes will be based on class size and scheduling, with priority given to those students who require a course to graduate or for post-secondary considerations. Patience and flexibility will be required as one on one meetings did not occur last year.
Students requesting a course change should:
• Go to the IVHS website to access, complete, and submit course change form.
• Students will be contacted by email regarding their course change request.
• Students are expected to follow their schedule and remain in class until I meet/speak with them or they receive an email from me.
• Students must not be sent to guidance without the teacher contacting me first.
• Students should not be encouraged to come to guidance during lunch
Teachers being asked about course changes should:
• Direct them to the school website
• Not send students to guidance during class time to request a course change.
• Not tell students they can join their class and/or there is room in their class
• Not allow students into their room if they are not on your class list, unless contacted by guidance or administration.