December 13th, 2019
• The grade 9 Civics class is collecting non-perishable food items for Feed NS. Please drop off any items in the box located in the main office or one of the designated collection boxes on the second floor.
• Cheerleading scheduled for next Monday, December 16 has been moved to Tuesday, December 17, 7:30-9 p.m. This is the last practice before the new year.
• Do you enjoy math? Want to be challenged and push your brain to the max? Mathletes will be meeting in Mr. Hammer’s room on Wednesday's at lunch. Bring your lunch and your friends and try solving some fun math problems together. All are welcome!
• On December 20 the cafeteria will be serving a holiday dinner. Pre-order your meal tickets now. Dinner is roast turkey with all the fixings, dessert and beverage. Tickets are $8.50.
• The Learning Centre students are selling tickets on a totally edible gingerbread tree. Draw is December 20. Tickets are $2 each or 3 for $5. The tree is on display in the main office.
• Dinner Theatre Writing Team will meet Thursday at lunch in Room 214.
• Wondering if you have an overdue Library Book? Check your gnspes email account for a notice from the library.
• Creative Club meets Wednesdays at lunch in room 223. Bring your creativity!
• Yearbook meeting Mondays at lunch in 321.
• The Yearbook committee is looking for all artists at Island View to create the cover for the 2019-2020 Island View yearbook. Send covers to Ms. Griffin in room 321.
• Pre-orders for yearbooks can be purchased on Thursdays at lunch in the lobby for $45 and students who have purchased a yearbook will be put into a draw to win their yearbook for free (winner will be refunded their $45).
• If you are in your graduating year at IVHS, the yearbook needs your grad quotes. Fill in the google form posted on the potential Grad google classroom, deadline Dec. 20th.
• Freezie Friday! Every Friday at lunch purchase a freezie for only $1 in support of students going on the Europe Trip.
• Programming club, room 309 at 2:10 Thursdays.
• Guitar club Tuesdays in the music room at lunch.
• Open Art Studio Mondays and Thursdays at lunch are in 117. All are welcome.
GUIDANCE AND GRADE 12 INFORMATION
• A representative from Dalhousie University will in guidance today during lunch. Interested students from any grade level are encouraged to come by and learn about their programs, admission requirements and scholarships.
• A reminder to all students they must vacate the building at 2:30 pm unless there is a scheduled school event with a teacher present and/or if a student wishes to consult with a teacher regarding program.
• Students bringing cars to school are asked to drop by the main office and provide us with your name, car make and model and license plate.
• Students are not to park in the gravel HRM lot next door. You are asked to park in the school’s lot next to Seaside Elementary.
• A reminder that eating food in the gym is not permitted. Please eat your food out of the gym before entering.
• The winter weather is here which means messier feet. Please make sure your footwear is clean and dry before entering the gym. Clean footwear only.
• A reminder that we are a scent-aware building so please be respectful with regard to the use of scents.