January 6th, 2020
• Calnen Photography will be at the school in January to continue grad photos. Once a date has been confirmed the link for booking an appointment will be posted on our website.
• Mathletes will be meeting in Mr. Hammer’s room on Wednesday's at lunch. Bring your lunch and your friends and try solving some fun math problems together. All are welcome!
• Want to play some badminton? Table Tennis? Pickleball? Come play during lunchtime Monday-Thursday 10:50am-11:20am. No skill needed, just have the attitude to play and have fun!
• Dinner Theatre Writing Team Thursdays at lunch in Room 214.
• Wondering if you have an overdue Library Book? Check your gnspes email account for a notice from the library.
• Creative Club meets Wednesdays at lunch in room 223. Bring your creativity!
• Yearbook meeting Mondays at lunch in 321.
• The Yearbook committee is looking for all artists at Island View to create the cover for the 2019-2020 Island View yearbook. Send covers to Ms. Griffin in room 321.
• Freezie Friday! Every Friday at lunch purchase a freezie for only $1 in support of students going on the Europe Trip.
• Programming club, room 309 at 2:10 Thursdays.
• Guitar club Tuesdays in the music room at lunch.
• Open Art Studio Mondays and Thursdays at lunch are in 117. All are welcome.
GUIDANCE AND GRADE 12 INFORMATION
• A reminder to all students they must vacate the building at 2:30 pm unless there is a scheduled school event with a teacher present and/or if a student wishes to consult with a teacher regarding program.
• Students bringing cars to school are asked to drop by the main office and provide us with your name, car make and model and license plate.
• Students are not to park in the gravel HRM lot next door. You are asked to park in the school’s lot next to Seaside Elementary.
• A reminder that eating food in the gym is not permitted. Please eat your food out of the gym before entering.
• The winter weather is here which means messier feet. Please make sure your footwear is clean and dry before entering the gym. Clean footwear only.
• A reminder that we are a scent-aware building so please be respectful with regard to the use of scents.